View communication daughter card removal movie.
View communication daughter card installation movie.
Your computer has a Communication Daughter Card (CDC) slot, in which you can install a Modem Daughter Card (MDC).
WARNING: During electrical storms, do not connect the cable to or disconnect it from the telephone outlet on the wall.
Electric current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous. To avoid shock hazard, disconnect the cables before opening the cover of this slot.
To replace the MDC, do as follows:
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Loosen the screws (1) on the expansion slot cover; then remove the cover (2).
- Remove two screws (3) securing the MDC.
- Remove the MDC by pulling the tab (4) with your fingers. Then disconnect the modem cable (5) from the MDC.
- Connect the modem cable to the new MDC, and then attach the MDC to the slot so that it is seated firmly.
- Secure the MDC with two screws which you have removed in step 1.
- Replace the expansion slot cover by aligning the back side of the cover first and then tightening the screws..
- Reinstall the battery.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the ac adapter and cables to the computer; then turn it on.