Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
To replace the diskette drive:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Front bezel removal and installation ".
- Disconnect the signal and power cables from the rear of the diskette drive.
- Press the release button and slide the diskette drive out the front of the computer.
- Remove the retainer bracket from the failing diskette drive and install it on the new diskette drive.
- Slide the new diskette drive into the drive bay until it snap into position.
- Go to "Completing the installation".