View hard drive removal movie.
View hard drive installation movie.
To remove and replace the hard drive follow these steps:
- Turn off the system; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the system.
- Close the system display, and turn the system over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the screw that secures the hard drive.
- Open the system display; then stand the system on its side and remove the hard drive by pulling the cover away from the system.
- Detach the cover from the hard drive.
- Attach the cover to a new hard drive.
- Insert the hard drive and its cover into the hard drive bay; then firmly install them.
- Close the system display, and turn the system over so that its bottom side is up.
- Reinstall the screw.
- Reinstall the battery.
- Turn the system over again. Connect the ac adapter and cables to the system.