Movie player help
Hard disk drive and floppy diskette drive removal movie
Text of the audio portion of the hard disk drive and floppy diskette drive installation movie
To install the 3.5 inch cage assembly with diskette and disk drives:
- Slide the diskette drive into the bay until the screw holes line up.
- Secure with the two screws.
- Position the hard disk drive into the drive harness.
- Align the holes in the drive with the pins on the harness.
- Flex the harness, and seat the drive.Here's a close up a harness pin sliding into the hole of the disk drive.
- Slide the disk drive into the bay until secured by the latches.
To install the 3.5 inch cage assembly:
- Position the hinge pins on the assembly on the slots of the frame.
- Here's a close up of sliding the hinge pin on the assembly into the slot of the frame.
- Route the diskette signal cable through the clips, and connect it.
- Route the spare IDE power and diskette power cable through the clips, and connect it.
- Route the serial ATA signal cable through the clips, and connect it.
- Route the serial ATA power cable through the clips, and connect it.
- Release the handle, and lower the cage assembly into the machine.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training