Note: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information" in the Quick Reference that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer. To obtain copies of the Quick Reference or HMM, go to /ContentResources/Migrated Assets/think/support.
- Open the computer cover. See "Opening the computer cover".
- Pivot the drive bay assembly upward to gain access to the internal speaker connector.
- Locate the internal speaker. See "Identifying parts on the system board".
- Disconnect the internal speaker cable from the system board.
- Slide the internal speaker 1 upward until the speaker is released from the metal tabs that secure it at the bottom. Then pivot the bottom of the internal speaker outward and remove the speaker from the chassis.
- Position the bottom of the new internal speaker into the metal tabs and then pivot the top of the internal speaker inward until the speaker snaps into position.
- Connect the internal speaker cable to the system board. See "Identifying parts on the system board".
- Complete the parts replacement. See "Completing the parts replacement".