Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information" in the Quick reference guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
- Open the computer cover. See "Removing the cover" for additional information.
- Pivot the drive bay assembly upward to gain access to the power supply.
- Remove the four screws at the rear of the chassis securing the power supply.
- Disconnect the power supply cables from the system board connectors 1 and 2 and from all drives.
- Remove the power supply assembly from the computer.
- Install the new power supply assembly into the chassis so that the screw holes in the power supply assembly align with those in the chassis.
Note: Use the screws that were provide with the original power supply.
- Install and tighten the four screws at the rear of the chassis to secure the power supply assembly.
- Reconnect all the power supply cables to the drives and the system board.
- Go to "Completing the installation".