Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide, go to the Lenovo Support Website.
This section provides instructions on how to install or replace a PCI card. Your computer has one standard PCI card slot and one PCI Express x16 graphics card slot.
To install or replace a PCI card, do the following:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Open the computer cover. See "Opening the computer cover".
- Rotate the PCI card retainer to the open position.
- If you are installing a PCI card, remove the appropriate metal slot cover. If you are replacing an old PCI card, grasp the old card that is currently installed and gently pull it out of the slot.
- The card fits tightly into the card slot. If necessary, alternate moving each side of the card a small amount until it is removed from the card slot.
- If the card is held in place by a retaining latch, press the card retaining latch (1) as shown to disengage the latch. Grasp the card and gently pull it out of the slot.
- Remove the new PCI card from its static-protective package.
- Install the new card into the appropriate card slot on the system board and rotate the card retainer to the closed position. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".