Information and instructions for installing and removing adapters. The 8191 computers have three expansion slots for PCI adapters and one slot used for an AGP adapter. You can install an adapter up to 340 mm (13.4 inches) long.
Note: The AGP port is disabled on some systems. If there is a plug in your AGP port, the port may not be used.
To install an adapter:
- Remove the cover. For more information; see Cover removal.
- Remove the adapter-slot-cover latch and the slot cover for the appropriate expansion slot.
- Remove the adapter from its static-protective package.
- Install the adapter into the appropriate slot on the system board.
- Install the adapter-slot-cover latch.
Note: To complete the installation, go to Cover installation and connecting the cables.