For access, remove:
- Battery pack
- Hard disk drive (HDD) door
- Do not drop the hard disk drive or apply any physical shock to it. The hard disk drive is sensitive to physical shock. Improper handling can cause damage and permanent loss of data.
- Before removing the drive, have the user make a backup copy of all the information on it if possible.
- Never remove the drive while the system is operating or is in suspend mode.
Removal steps of HDD
In step , slide the HDD in the direction of the arrow.
1. Align the HDD as shown in this figure, and then place it downward.
2. Slide the HDD in the direction of the arrow.