To replace the power supply:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
Note: For this procedure, it helps to lay the computer on its side.
- Disconnect the power supply cables from the system board and from all drives. See "Identifying parts on the system board".
- Remove the four screws that secure the power supply at the rear of the chassis.
- Lift the power supply out of the chassis.
- Install the new power supply into the chassis so that the screw holes in the power supply align with those in the chassis.
- Install the four screws to secure the power supply.
Note: Use only the screws provided by Lenovo.
- Reconnect the power supply connectors to the system board.
- Reconnect a power supply connector to each of the drives.
- Go to "Completing the installation".