Turning the computer off and removing the battery pack are the first steps for all option parts removal and installation instructions.
- Turn off the computer, or enter hibernation mode. Then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer.
- If you are using a PC Card or an SD Card, the computer may not be able to enter hibernation mode. If this happens, turn off the computer.
- If you are replacing the hard drive, do not enter hibernation mode. You must turn off the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Slide the battery latch to the unlock position
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position (1); then remove the battery (2).
- Align the front of the spare battery with the front side of the battery space in the computer; then gently push the battery into the space .
Note: Before installing the spare battery, attach the spacer if it is not attached (1), and secure it with two coin screws (2).
- Slide the battery latch to the locked position.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the ac adapter and the cables to the computer.