Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer.
This section provides instructions on how to replace the front panel connectors assembly.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Front bezel removal and installation".
- Locate the front panel connectors assembly.
- Access system board components.
- Disconnect the front audio, front USB, auxiliary LED, and IEEE 1394 cables from the system board and note the cables routing.
- Remove the two screws that secure the front panel connectors assembly to the chassis and then release the front panel connectors assembly from the chassis.
- Align the screw holes in the new front panel connectors assembly with the holes in the chassis. Install the two screws to secure the assembly.
- Reconnect all the cables to the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Reinstall the hard disk drive fan bracket if removed.
- Reinstall the front bezel.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".