Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer.
This section provides information about how to replace a PCI adapter card.
To replace a PCI adapter card, do the following:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Unlatch and open the card retainer .
- Take note of the location of all cable connections on the adapter card. It will be necessary to reconnect them properly when installing a new card.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the adapter card. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Some models have:
- A screw installed in the adapter bracket, remove this screw.
- An additional retention feature located on the card guide end. Push the retention feature toward the front of the chassis before removing the adapter card.
- Release the card support retaining latches. Grasp the adapter card and pull the card out of the slot.
Note: The card is a tight fit, so it might be necessary to remove each side a little at a time until the card is removed from the card slot.
- Reverse this procedure to install the card.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".