Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide, go to Lenovo Support Website
This section provides instructions on how to replace the card reader.
To replace the card reader, do the following:
- Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the computer. Then, disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the computer.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel".
- Disconnect the card reader cable from the front USB connector on the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
Note: If your computer has a secondary hard disk drive installed, remove the secondary hard disk drive to get easier access to the front USB connector on the system board.
- Press the blue release button and slide the card reader out of the front of the computer.
- Install the card reader retainer on the side of the new card reader.
- Slide the new card reader into the drive bay until it snaps into position.
- Connect the card reader cable to the available front USB connector on the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Reinstall the front bezel. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel".
- To complete the replacement, go to "Completing the FRU replacement".