Movie player help
Text of the audio portion of the optical removal movie
To remove the 5.25 inch cage assembly with optical drive:
- Rotate the cage until the bay catches on the frame. Note the cable routing for reassembly.
- Disconnect audio cable.
- Disconnect the signal cable, and remove it from the clips.
- Remove the power cable from the clips, and disconnect it.
- Lift the entire cage assembly off the system.
- Remove the two screws.
- Remove any adjacent EMI bay shield if present.
- Press the retaining latch to release the drive.
- Slide the drive out the front of the bay.
View detailed optical removal instructions for 8187, 8188, 8191, 8193, and 8414 systems.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training