View keyboard removal movie.
View keyboard installation movie.
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove 6 screws with keyboard icon to remove keyboard.
- Gently push the keyboard forward, as shown in step (1). Then lift up the keyboard slightly, as shown in step (2).
- Detach the keyboard connector to remove the keyboard.
- Attach the connector.
- Make sure that the keyboard edges, shown in the step (1), are under the frame. Then press the keys indicated by step (2) to latch the keyboard firmly in place.
- To make sure that the front side of the keyboard is housed firmly, gently press the keys with your thumbs and try to slide the keyboard toward you.
- Secure the keyboard by tightening the screws from the bottom side of the computer as illustrated in step 1 of Removing the keyboard.