|Warning: Disconnect the AC adapter power connector from your computer before you attach the X4 UltraBase Dock. The AC adapter connector will be damaged if it remains connected to the computer during the attachment.|
If you are using Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP, you may be able to hot attach or warm attach the computer to the X4 UltraBase Dock. Hot attach is attaching the computer to the X4 UltraBase Dock while in operating mode. Warm attach is attaching the computer to the X4 UltraBase Dock while in standby mode.
In Windows 2000 or Windows XP, the status indicator of the X4 UltraBase Dock should turn on after a few seconds. For operating systems other than Windows 2000 and Windows XP, an OK message should appear after the device status window of the X4 UltraBase Dock pops up. Also, the status indicator of the X4 UltraBase Dock should turn on.
When the computer returns from standby mode, the status indicator of the X4 UltraBase Dock should turn on.
Note: To check whether hot/warm attach is enabled:
- Click Start, select All Programs, select Access IBM, and then click ThinkPad Configuration.
- Click Device bay.
- Make sure that the display shows Enable. If it does not, select Enable from the drop-down menu, and restart your computer to make the change effective.
- Align the front of the computer with the front of the X4 UltraBase Dock. Insert the front edge of the computer first (1) aligning the holes of the computer with the guide tabs on the X4, and then press the computer in place (2).
Note: Make sure that the guides of the X4 UltraBase Dock align with the holes of the computer.
- Turn the X4 UltraBase Dock key clockwise (1) to lock it, and remove the key (2). This step is not required, but ensures that the computer will not detach accidentally.
- Keep the security key in a safe place. Do not lose this key; otherwise, you will be unable to detach the computer from the X4 UltraBase Dock.
- Attach an optional mechanical lock to the security keyhole of the X4 UltraBase Dock to secure your computer and the X4 UltraBase Dock.
- You need to purchase the mechanical lock commercially. You are responsible for evaluating, selecting, and implementing the locking devices and security features.