Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide, go to the Lenovo Support Website.
This section provides instructions on how to replace the internal speaker.
Note: Not all computers have the internal speaker.
To replace the internal speaker, do the following:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Open the computer cover. See "Opening the computer cover".
- Remove the front bezel by releasing the three plastic tabs and pivoting the front bezel outward.
- Pivot the optical drive bay assembly upward to gain access to the internal speaker.
- Locate the internal speaker. See "Locating components".
- Disconnect the internal speaker cable and the thermal sensor cable from the internal speaker connector and the thermal sensor connector on the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Push the two tabs (1) on the bottom of the internal speaker as shown to release the internal speaker, and then lift the internal speaker up to completely remove it from the chassis.
- Remove the attached thermal sensor cable from the old internal speaker and install it on the new internal speaker.
- Insert the two tabs (2) on the bottom of the new internal speaker into the corresponding holes in the chassis, and push the speaker straight down until the other two tabs (1) snap into position.
- Reconnect the internal speaker cable and the thermal sensor cable to the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- To reinstall the front bezel, align the three tabs on the front bezel with the corresponding holes in the chassis and pivot the front bezel inwards until it snaps into position.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".