- Chipset is AD1981HD
- Intel High Definition Audio (Azalia) compatible
- One 0.5watt internal speaker (mono)
- 16-bit and 8-bit stereo playback and recording
- Microsoft DirectSound Ver9.0c or later supported
- Volume up, down, and mute buttons
- 1/8" audio in/out jacks:
- One for mono microphone with the fantom power.
- One for stereo headphone output
- ISO Standard full size 85 key keyboard with imbedded numeric keypad and integrated TrackPoint with enhanced features
- The keyboard has a Fn key which is a special key and is located in the lower left corner. The Fn key allows the user to instantly activate the following operational features by pressing the Fn key and a designated function key: - Standby/Suspend/Hibernation - Switching between Display devices - Power management mode
- ThinkVantage Key, allowing one-touch entry into ThinkVantage Productivity Center
- ThinkLight which illuminates the keyboard in low light conditions
- TrackPoint Sensor with TrackPoint controller
- Fingerprint Reader (select models)
- Supports two 200pin PC2-5300 Non-Parity (NP) Double Data Rate Two (DDR2) Technology
- The use of 667 MHz SO-DIMM memory is recommended for this system.
- 256 MB, 512 MB, 1GB, or 2GB memory
- Supports maximum memory up to 4GB
Note: Windows XP supports 3GB memory maximum
- TrackPoint with Press-to-Select, Internet scroll, and magnifying glass features for accurate and convenient control
- Intel Core Solo processor T1300(1.6GHz)
- Intel Core Duo processor T2300(1.66GHz), T2400(1.83GHz)
- 2 MB onboard L2 cache memory
- IR transceiver for wireless file and data transfer and printing.
- Speeds up to 4 Mbps.
- Compatible with the Infrared Data Association (IrDA) Physical Layer Link Specification Ver. 1.1.
- Sensing Distance: 1 m
- Sensing Angle: + 15 degree, -15 degree horizontally
Note: Public network download speeds are limited to 53kbps. Upload speeds are limited to 31.2kbps. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum stated.
- 56K v.92
- Available as either a single CDC card or in combination with the Bluetooth CDC card
Note: Systems are not Wireless upgradable in all countries.
- 1Gb Ethernet soldered on system board
- Wireless upgradeable or 802.11abg wireless available as Mini PCI cards
- Integrated wireless WAN and WAN-ready (select models)
- Two Mini PCI slots (WLAN,WAN)
- One Communications Daughter Card slot
- Ultrabay slim is available via the ThinkPad X6 UltraBase
- Three USB 2.0 (Two on the right side, one on the left side) version 2.0
- One Ethernet RJ-45 with 2 LEDs
- One RJ11 for modem enabled systems
- IEEE 1394 port
- Secure Digital (SD) card slot
- One DB-15 external display
- Audio line out and microphone in ports
- Conforms to the PC Card standard 97
- Can accommodate one Type I or one Type II slot
- Both 16-bit and 32-bit cards are supported
- PCMCIA 2.1 standard
Note: Weight is approximate.
- Width: 268mm (10.5in)
- Minimum: 20mm (0.8in)
- Maximum: 35.2mm (1.39in)
- FCC Class-B certified to comply with FCC Rules, Part 15
- VCCI Class B
- CISPR22 Class B
- UL 60950
- CSA C22.2 No. 950
- IEC 60950
- MPR-II (Sweden)
- CE Mark
- CCC (for China)
- AC adapter: This AC-to-DC converter supplies the necessary power to the computer. The AC adapter also charges the battery pack when it is installed in the computer.
- AC adapter (65 W) 3pin DC output plug with a "ACDC_ID" signal.
- Input voltage range (90-265VAC)
- Output is 20.0 V dc, 3.69 A
Notes: **When operating disconnected from AC power, the ThinkPad will operate on the Extended Life battery until it is discharged, then switch over to the system battery. When operating on AC power, the system battery will be recharged first, then the Extended Life battery. This provides maximum unplugged computing time should the Extended Life battery be disconnected.
- The battery pack is an internal power source to the computer when the ac adapter is not available. The battery pack is rechargeable and is charged using the ac adapter with the system.
- Four cell Slim Line Li-Ion battery pack: 200 g (0.44 lb)
- Four cell Enhanced Capacity Li-Ion battery pack: 260 g (0.57 lb)
- Eight cell High Capacity Li-Ion battery pack: 475 g (1.05 lb)
- Four cell Extended Life battery: 370 g (0.82 lb)
- Li-Ion battery pack:
- 14.4V, 2.0Ah, 4 cell Slim Line battery
- 14.4V, 2.6Ah, 4 cell Enhanced Capacity battery
- 14.4V, 5.2Ah, 8 cell High Capacity battery
- 14.4V, 1.95Ah, 4 cell Extended Life battery
- Approximate operation and charging hours are:
- Charging time Power off **
- 2.5hr, 4 cell Slim Line battery
- 3.0hr, 4 cell Enhanced Capacity battery
- 4.0hr, 8 cell High Capacity battery
- 2.5hr, 4 cell Extended Life battery
- Battery operation:
- Up to 3.0hr, 4 cell Slim Line battery
- Up to 4.0hr, 4 cell Enhanced Capacity battery
- Up to 8.0hr, 8 cell High Capacity battery
- Up to 3.0hr, 4 cell Extended Life battery
- Up to 11.0hr, 8 cell High Capacity battery + Extended battery
- Security Chip (TCPA) on selected models
- Locking device in the security slot provides physical security.
- A Power-on password (POP) protects the system from unauthorized use. If a POP is set, the password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on
- When the system is returned to normal operation from suspend mode
- A Supervisor Password (SVP) provides a higher level of security than the POP. The SVP protects the system functions from being used by unauthorized users, and protects the hardware configuration from unauthorized modification.
- A Hard drive Password (HDP) protects Hard drive data from unauthorized users. Once HDP is set, data on the Hard drive cannot be accessed without the correct HDP. Because the HDP is stored in the Hard drive, the data remains protected even if the Hard drive is removed to another system. The HDP password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on
- A Power-On Password (POP), a Supervisor Password (SVP) and Hard disk Passwords (HDP) can be stored in the reader module by the TouchChip BIOS eXtension (TBX).
- When a system boots up, a user is requested to swipe a finger if there are passwords set on the system. When a fingerprint is authenticated, passwords are restored from the reader module and compared with ones stored in the system. If those are valid, a user can boot the system. Otherwise, a user is requested to input passwords.
|The following operating systems are supported on the ThinkPad X60 systems: |
Note: Preloaded software utilizes the disk-to-disk recovery method. Previous versions of these operating systems are not supported.
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home
Note: Available via USB or X6 UltraBase Ultrabay slim slot
- DVD drive
- CDRW/DVD drive
- DVD recordable
- Available via USB or X6 UltraBase Ultrabay slim slot
|Hard drive features|
- Standard 40GB, 60GB, 80GB, or 100GB (5400 rpm), 100GB (7200 rpm) hard drive sizes
- Supports one additional 2.5-inch hard drive which can be used concurrently to offer expanded storage in the ThinkPad X6 UltraBase.
- Although you can upgrade the hard drive, it is not designed to be removed and reinserted on a regular basis. Repeated and frequent removal, for purposes other than to upgrade for greater capacity, can cause damage to the system. The Ultrabay slim hard drive adapter is designed to provide this flexibility with a second hard drive in the Ultrabay slim in the X6 UltraBase
12.1inch (1024x768 resolution) TFT display
- Intel GMA 950 - integrated graphicschipset
|Resolution||LCD Color depth|
|640x480||256, 64k, 16M|
|800x600||256, 64k, 16M|
|1024x768||256, 64k, 16M|
|1280x800||256*1, 64k*1, 16M*1|
|1280x1024||256*1, 64k*1, 16M*1|
|1600x1200||256*1, 64k*1, 16M*1|
|2048x1536||256*1, 64k*1, 16M*1|
|Resolution||Supported refresh rates in Hz for external monitors|
|640x480||60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 Hz|
|800x600||56, 60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 Hz|
|1024x768||60, 70, 75, 85, 100, 120 Hz|
|1280x1024||60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100, 120 Hz|
|1600x1200||60, 70, 72, 75, 85, 100 Hz|
|2048x1536||60*2, 75*2 Hz|
*1 Supported only in panning mode on LCD
*2 Supported at external monitor only. When the LCD and external monitor are used at the same time, the refresh rate may be lower.