After working with parts, you need to replace the computer cover and reconnect any cables, including telephone lines and power cords. Also, depending on the part that was replaced, you might need to confirm the updated information in the Setup Utility program. See "Starting the Setup Utility" in your Quick reference or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual.
To complete the installation:
- Ensure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside your computer.
- Reposition any cables that might impede the replacement of the cover.
- Lower the drive bay assembly and close the computer cover.
- Install any locking devices such as a cable lock as necessary.
- Reconnect the external cables and power cords to the computer. See Locating the connectors.
- If you are replacing the system board, you must update (flash) the BIOS, see Updating (flashing) BIOS" from a diskette or CD-ROM.
- To update the configuration, see Starting the Setup Utility in the Quick reference that was included with your computer.
Note: In most areas of the world, Lenovo requires the return of the defective CRU. Information about this will come with the CRU or will come a few days after the CRU arrives.