View Mini PCI removal movie.
View Mini PCI installation movie.
Your computer has a Mini PCI card slot. If you want to replace the Mini PCI card with a new one, follow the procedure below.
Attention: During electrical storms, do not connect the cable to or disconnect it from the telephone outlet on the wall.
Electric current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous. To avoid shock hazard, disconnect the cables before opening the cover of this slot.
To replace the Mini PCI card, do as follows:
- Use the Mini PCI card provided.
- If your computer is a wireless upgradeable model, you can install a wireless Mini PCI card, available as an option.
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Loosen the screws (1) on the expansion slot cover; then remove the cover(2).
- Press out on the latches (3) on both edges of the socket at the same time, until the card moves up (4).
- Disconnect the cables from the card (5); then remove the card.
- Connect the cables to the new Mini PCI card.
- Align the contact edge of the Mini PCI card with the corresponding socket contact of the computer.
- Pivot the card until you can snap it into place by pressing the upper side of the connectors. Make sure that the card is firmly fixed in the slot and does not move easily.
- Replace the expansion slot cover by aligning the back side of the cover first and then tightening the screws.
- Reinstall the battery.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the AC adapter and cables to the computer; and then turn it on.