Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
To replace the keyboard:
- Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or tapes) from the drives, shut down your operating system, and turn off all attached devices and the computer.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Locate the connector for the keyboard. See “Locating rear controls and connectors” and “Locating front controls and connectors".
- Disconnect the failing keyboard cable from the computer and connect the new keyboard cable to the same connector.
- Go to “Completing the installation”.