Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide, go to:http://www.lenovo.com/support
This section provides instructions on how to replace the internal speaker.
To replace the internal speaker, do the following:
- Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the computer. Then, disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the computer.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover".
- . Remove the front bezel. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel".
- Remove the PCI card holder. See "Removing and reinstalling the PCI card holder".
- Remove the optical drive and the optical drive bracket. See "Replacing the optical drive".
- Locate the internal speaker connector on the system board. See "Locating parts and connectors on the system board".
- Note the location of the internal speaker cable connection. Note the routing of the internal speaker cable. Disconnect the internal speaker cable from the system board. See "Locating parts and connectors on the system board".
- Gently pull the internal speaker a little bit outward to release its bottom from the chassis. Then, slide the internal speaker towards the top of the chassis to completely remove it.
Figure 1. Removing the internal speaker
- Slide the new internal speaker into the metal internal speaker slot.
Figure 2. Installing the new internal speaker
- Connect the new internal speaker cable to the system board. See "Locating parts and connectors on the system board".
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".