After working with options, you need to install any removed parts, replace the cover, and reconnect cables, including telephone lines and power cords. Also, depending on the option that is installed, you might need to confirm the updated information in the Setup Utility Program.
To replace the cover and connect cables to your computer:
- Ensure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside your computer.
- Clear any cables that might impede the replacement of the cover.
- Position the cover on the chassis so that the guides on the top and bottom of the cover engage the chassis and push the cover to the closed position. Insert the screws that secure the cover.
- Reconnect the external cables and power cords to the computer. For more information; see Locating connectors on the front of the computer and Locating connectors on the rear of the computer.
- To update the configuration. See Hardware Maintenance Manual.
Note: When the power cord is first plugged in, the computer might appear to turn on for a few seconds and then turn off. This is a normal sequence to enable the computer to initialize.