Keyboard removal movie
Keyboard installation movie
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer. Wait for a few minutes, till the inside of the computer cools, before you start the following procedures
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- To remove the keyboard, remove the screws shown below.
- Now unlatch the keyboard. Put your thumb on the area marked in the drawing, and push hard in the direction shown by the arrow. The keyboard will open up slightly.
- Pull the keyboard a little toward you (1), and then detach the connector (2).
- Install the new keyboard by attaching it to the connector.
- Insert the keyboard. Make sure that the edges of the keyboard are under the frame, as shown by the arrows.
- Press gently on the areas marked in the drawing, and slide the keyboard toward you.
- Make sure that the edges of the keyboard marked in the drawing, are under the frame.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over. Reinstall the screws.
- Reinstall the battery.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the ac adapter and cables to the computer; then turn it on.
Hardware removal and installation index - ThinkPad X41 Tablet