Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide, go to Lenovo Support Website
This section provides instructions on how to remove the computer cover.
Turn off the computer and wait three to five minutes to let the computer cool before removing the computer cover.
To remove the computer cover, do the following:
- Remove any media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the computer.
- Disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Disconnect the power cords, Input/Output (I/O) cables, and any other cables that are connected to the computer. See "Locating connectors on the front of your computer" and "Locating connectors on the rear of your computer".
- Remove any locking device that secures the computer cover, such as a padlock or an integrated cable lock.
- Remove any thumbscrews that secure the computer cover.
- Press the cover-release button on the side of the computer and slide the cover to the rear of the computer to remove the cover.