Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8155, 8156, 8157, 8158, 8159, 8160) and M52 (type 8099, 8116, 8215, 9210, 9211) systems:
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8289, 8298, 8328, 8341, 8344, 8382) systems:
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal and installation".
- Slide the diskette drive lock 1 to the unlocked position.
- Pivot the drive bay assembly upward to give access to the diskette drive.
- Slide the drive towards the rear of the computer and remove the drive.
- Disconnect the flat cable from the failing drive.
- Connect the flat cable to the new drive.
- Install the new drive from the rear of the drive bay assembly and lock the drive into position.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".