Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer.
Your computer might have a hard disk drive fan assembly installed. To replace the hard disk drive fan assembly:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the hard disk drive fan assembly. The hard disk drive fan assembly is attached to the side of the hard disk drive bay.
- Disconnect the hard disk drive fan assembly cable from the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Press the two latches on the hard disk drive fan assembly bracket and then slide the fan assembly bracket free from the chassis.
- Connect the new hard disk drive fan assembly cable to the hard disk drive fan assembly connector on the system board.
- Install the new hard disk drive fan assembly bracket into the chassis by aligning the four latches (1) on the bracket with the corresponding holes in the chassis and pushing the bracket inward until it snaps into position.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".