|After completing the installation or replacement for all parts, you need to close the computer cover and reconnect cables. Depending on the parts you installed or replaced, you might need to confirm the updated information in the Setup Utility program. Refer to "Using the Setup Utility program". |
To reinstall the computer cover and reconnect cables to your computer, do the following:
Make sure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside your computer. See "Locating components
" for the locations of various components in your computer.
Make sure that the cables are routed correctly before reinstalling the computer cover. Keep cables clear of the hinges and sides of the computer chassis to avoid interference with reinstalling the computer cover.
- Position the computer cover on the chassis so that the rail guides on the bottom of the computer cover engage the rails. Then, slide the computer cover to the front of the computer until it snaps into position and is closed.
Figure 1. Reinstalling the computer cover
- Install the screws to secure the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover".
- If there is a padlock available, lock the computer cover.
- If there is an integrated cable lock available, lock the computer.
- Reconnect the external cables and power cords to the computer. See "Locating connectors on the rear of your computer".
- To update your configuration, see "Using the Setup Utility program".
Note: In most areas of the world, Lenovo requires the return of the defective Field Replaceable Units (FRUs). Information about this will come with the new FRUs or will come a few days after you receive the new FRUs.