If the CMOS battery fails, the date, time, and configuration information (including passwords) are lost. An error message is displayed when you turn on the computer.
Important: Refer to the "Safety and Warranty Guide" for information about replacing and disposing of the battery.
CAUTION: When replacing the lithium battery, use only Part Number 33F8354 or an equivalent type battery recommended by the manufacturer.
- Remove the cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the battery. See "System board diagram" for the connector location.
- You might have to remove any PCI adapters that impede access to the battery.
- Remove the old battery.
- Install the new battery.
- Replace any PCI adapters that were removed.
Note: When the computer is turned on for the first time after battery replacement, an error message might be displayed. This is normal after replacing the battery.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".