Note: To replace the PCI Express Mini Card or the Modem Daughter Card, you need to remove the palm rest and then the keyboard. To replace the memory, you need only to remove the palm rest.
- To remove the palm rest, do as follows: Turn off the computer; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer. Wait for a few minutes, till the inside of the computer cools, before you start the following procedures.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the four screws that secure the palm rest (1).
- Turn the computer over and open the display. Push at the sides of the palm rest (2) so it bends upwards slightly in the middle, and lift it away from the computer a little.
- When removing the palm rest from the frame, take care not to damage the latches under the palm rest. Move the palm rest carefully away from the computer until you can see where it's connected (3), and then detach the connector (4). Now the palm rest has been removed.
To reinstall the palm rest, perform the steps above in reverse order.
View installation instructions movie