Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide, go to:http://www.lenovo.com/support
This section provides instructions on how to open the computer cover.
Turn off the computer and wait three to five minutes to let the computer cool before removing the computer cover.
To open the computer cover, do the following:
- Remove all media from the drives. Then, turn off all attached devices and the computer.
- Disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Disconnect the power cords, Input/Output cables, and any other cables that are connected to the computer. See "Locating connectors, controls, and indicators on the front of your computer" and "Locating connectors on the rear of your computer".
- Remove any locking device that secures the computer cover, such as an integrated cable lock.
- Remove any screws that secure the computer cover.
- Press the cover-release button on the side of the computer and slide the cover to the rear of the computer to remove the cover.
Figure 1: Removing the computer cover