Important: Start the Setup Utility program to view your system information. See your Quick Reference. If the serial number and the machine type/model listed on the Main menu do not match what is printed on the label of your computer, you must update (flash) the BIOS to change the serial number and the machine type/model.
To update (flash) the BIOS from a diskette or CD-ROM, do the following:
- Insert a system program update (flash) diskette or CD-ROM into the diskette drive or optical drive. System program updates are available at /ContentResources/Migrated Assets/think/support on the World Wide Web.
- Turn on the computer. If it is on already, you must turn it off and back on again. The update begins.
- When you are prompted to select a language, press the number on your keyboard that corresponds to the language and then press Enter.
- When prompted to change the serial number, press Y.
- Type in the seven character serial number of your computer and then press Enter.
- When prompted to change the machine type/model, press Y.
- Type in the seven character machine type/model of your computer and then press Enter.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the update.