Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8155, 8156, 8157, 8158, 8159, 8160) and M52 (type 8099, 8116, 8215, 9210, 9211) systems:
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8289, 8298, 8328, 8341, 8344, 8382) systems:
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal and installation".
- While holding the left rear of the computer chassis down, pull upward on the handle provided to remove the PCI riser assembly including any adapters that are already installed.
- Pivot the adapter latch to release the adapter.
- Remove the adapter being replaced from the PCI riser.
- Remove the new adapter from its static-protective package.
- Install the new adapter into the appropriate connector into the PCI riser.
- Ensure the adapter is fully seated into the adapter connector.
- Pivot the adapter latch to the closed position to secure the adapters.
- Reinstall the PCI riser and adapters.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".