Battery removal movie
Battery installation movie
Turning the computer off and removing the battery pack are the first steps for all option parts removal and installation instructions. If you are replacing or upgrading another device, click the link below to return to the removal and installation instructions:
- Turn off the computer, then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer.
- If you are using a PC Card or an SD Card, the computer may not be able to enter hibernation mode. If this happens, turn off the computer.
- If you are replacing the hard drive, then do not enter hibernation mode. Turn off the computer.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Slide the battery latch to the unlock position
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position (1); using the tip of your fingernail; then remove the battery (2).
- Align the front of the spare battery with the front side of the battery compartment in the computer; then gently push the battery into the compartment.
- Slide the battery latch to the locked position.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the ac adapter and the cables to the computer.
Hardware removal and installation index - ThinkPad X41 Tablet