Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer.
This section provides instructions on how to replace the diskette drive or card reader.
To remove or replace the diskette drive or card reader, do the following:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Front bezel removal and installation".
- Locate the diskette drive or card reader. See "Locating major FRUs".
- Disconnect the signal and power cables from the rear of the diskette drive. If you are replacing a card reader, disconnect the card reader cable from the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Press the drive latch (1) and slide the drive out the front of the computer.
- Slide the new diskette drive or card reader into the drive bay until it snaps into position.
- Connect the signal cable and power cable to the new diskette drive. If you are installing a card reader, connect the card reader cable to the card reader connector on the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".