Movie player help
Click here for optical drive removal movie
Text of the audio portion of the optical drive installation movie
To install the 5.25 inch cage assembly with optical drive:
- Slide the drive into the front of the bay.
- Install any adjacent EMI shields.Install the two screws.
- Position the hinge pins on the assembly on the slots of the frame until it latches in place. Here's a close up of the hinge pins.
- Route the power cable through the clips, and connect it.
- Route the signal cable through the clips, and connect it.
- Connect the audio cable.
- Release the handle, and lower the cage assembly into the machine.
View detailed CD and DVD-ROM removal and installation instructions for 8187, 8188, 8191, 8193, and 8414 systems.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training