An optical drive is preinstalled. If it needs to be repaired, remove it as follows:
- Turn off the computer; then disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
Note: Wait for a few minutes, until the inside of the computer cools, before you start the following procedures.
- Close the computer display, and turn the computer over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the screw .
- Press the edge of the drive  outwards, using the tip of a thin screwdriver, and then pull out the optical drive .
To install a repaired CD/DVD drive or a new one, do as follows:
- Slide the drive into the bay, press it firmly to the connector , and tighten the screw .
- Put the battery in place.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the AC adapter and cables to the computer; then turn the computer on.