Your computer has two slots for installing or replacing SODIMMs (small outline dual inline memory modules) that provide up to a maximum of 4 GB of system memory.
When installing or replacing a memory module, use the following guidelines:
- Use 1.8 V, 200-pin DDR3 SDRAM (double data rate 3 synchronous dynamic random access memory).
- Use 1 GB or 2 GB memory modules in any combination up to a maximum of 4 GB.
This section provides instructions on how to replace a memory module.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the memory slot. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Remove the memory module being replaced by opening the retaining clips as shown.
- Insert the notched end (2) of the new memory module into the socket (1). Press the memory module firmly, and pivot the memory module until it snaps into place. Make sure that the memory module is firmly fixed in the slot and does not move easily.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".