After completing all parts replacements, you need to close the cover and reconnect cables, such as power cords. Depending on the parts replaced, you might need to confirm the updated information in the Setup Utility program. Refer to "Starting the Setup Utility program".
This section provides instructions on how to complete the parts replacement.
- Ensure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside your computer. See "Locating components" for the location of various components.
- Make sure that the cables are routed correctly before closing the computer cover.
Correctly route all power supply cables to avoid interference when closing the computer cover. Keep cables clear of the hinges and sides of the computer chassis.
- Close the computer cover and then pivot the cover-release button on the rear of the computer to the locked position.
- If a cover lock is installed, lock the cover.
- Reconnect the external cables and power cords to the computer. See "Locating rear connectors".
- To update your configuration, see "Starting the Setup Utility program".