This section provides instructions on how to replace the front audio and USB assembly.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the front bezel by releasing the two tabs and pivoting the bezel forward to remove completely.
- Disconnect the front audio and USB assembly cables from the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Note the front audio and USB assembly cables routing and remove the screw that secures the assembly to the chassis.
- Remove the failing front audio and USB assembly from the chassis.
- Install the new front audio and USB assembly into the chassis and secure it with the screw.
- Connect the front audio and USB assembly cables to the system board.
- To reinstall the front bezel, align the plastic tabs on the bottom of the bezel with the corresponding holes in the chassis, then pivot the bezel inward until it snaps into position.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".