This section provides instructions on how to replace the internal speaker.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Front bazel removal and installation".
- Locate the internal-speaker connector on the system board. See "Locating system board connectors and components".
- Note the location of the internal-speaker cable connection. Note the routing of the internal-speaker cable. Disconnect the internal-speaker cable and the switch LED cable from the system board.
- Disengage the internal-speaker-locking tabs (2) and slide that side of the speaker (1) downward to remove.
- Remove the speaker and speaker cable from the computer.
- Route the speaker cable and then position the new internal-speaker tabs (2) into the metal speaker slots and then push the internal speaker downward until the speaker-locking tabs snap into position.
- Connect the speaker cable to the system board. See "Locating system board connectors and components".
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".