|Acoustics||LWAD = 4.5 bels or less|
|Dimensions (monitor and stand)|
Weight: 11.9 lb (5.4 kg)
Height: 19.4 in (493 mm)
Width: 14.6 in (371 mm)
Depth: 8.3 in (212 mm)
|Display size and viewable area||17.0 in (432 mm)|
|Maximum viewable area||339 x 272 mm|
|Dot/Pixel pitch||0.264 mm|
|Brightness (typical)||300 cd/m2|
|Contrast (typical)||500 : 1|
|Cell response time (typical)||8 ms|
|Maximum Resolution/pixel rate (Hz)||1280 x 1024/76Hz|
|Signal||Analog and Digital|
|Video input||15-pin D and DVI-D|
|Power requirements||Input voltage: 100 to 240 V ac +/- 10%|
Frequency: 50/60 Hz +/-3 Hz
Power consumption (Normal Use): < 35 watts typical
Power consumption (VESA Standby): < 2 watts analog
Power consumption (VESA Suspend): < 2 watts analog
Power consumption (VESA Off): VESA off: < 1 watt
Maximum earth leakage current: < 3.5 mA at 264 V
Maximum earth leakage current: < 0.25 mA at 100 V
|Power cord - detached||1.8 m|
|Viewing angle||Horizontal: +/- 70 degrees|
Vertical: + 70 degrees / - 60 degrees
|Tilt /Swivel||Tilt: Vertical: 0 degrees forward / 30 degrees backwards|
Swivel: Horizontal: +45 degrees / -45 degrees
|Height adjustment||110 mm|
|Pivot||Yes (graphics card dependent)|
* The noise emission level stated is the declared (upper limit) A-weighted sound power level, in bels, for a random sample of monitors. All measurements are made in accordance with ANSI S12.10 and reported in conformance with ISO/DIS 7779.
Note: Actual power consumption depends on the screen mode used, the images displayed, and how user controls are set.
- TCO-03 (9417HG2)
- MPR-3 (Sweden)
- ISO 13406 Part 2
- ENERGY STAR (U.S.)
- Microsoft Logo - Windows 2000/XP
- Supported display modes are a function of the attaching system unit and video subsystem. The full range of display modes available with these monitors may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, video adapter cards, and application software.
- Horizontal- and vertical-synchronization signal timings are critical in order to achieve acceptable screen images. As a consequence, support for all possible variations in H- and V-sync timings for any display mode cannot be assumed.
- Adjustment of the user controls to enlarge the image to its maximum size requires that the signal timings of the display mode being used fall within the monitor-timing specifications.
- The number of colors shown in any display mode will exceed 16 million and dependent on the capabilities of the video adapter in the system unit.
- The ThinkVision L171p provides FCC class B - residential installation - compliance in all display modes.
- Implementation of monitor power management follows the VESA DPMS standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor power management to be effective. The system implementation must provide user-adjustable, power-down delay periods. The monitor power management function is invoked only after appropriate signals are received from an attached system unit or video adapter.
- Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor Plug and Play to be effective.
- Certain functions require the system unit to be similarly configured, so all monitor functions may not be enabled when attached to a particular system unit.
- A 17.0-inch TFT monitor has nearly 4.0 million sub pixel transistors laid over an area exceeding 140 square inches. Cost-effective manufacturing processes introduce a small number of defective sub pixel transistors. The L171p meets the ISO 13406-2 Class 2 Pixel Defect Standard.
- Use of 50% gray background is not recommended since some users may see undesirable FOS effects.
- The Auto-Setup "test pattern" can be used with Windows 3.1, Windows NT 3.5, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, and DOS 7.0 only.