This section provides instructions on how to replace the internal speaker.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Front bezel removal".
- Locate the internal-speaker connector on the system board. See "Locating internal components".
- Note the location of the internal-speaker cable connection. Note the routing of the internal-speaker cable. Disconnect the internal-speaker cable from the system board. See "Locating system board connectors and components".
- Use a blunt instrument (such as, the top of a ball point pen) to disengage one of the internal-speaker-locking tabs 2 and slide that side of the speaker 1 upward enough to keep the locking tab disengaged. Then disengage the other internal-speaker-locking tab and slide the internal speaker upward until the speaker is released.
- Remove the speaker and speaker cable from the computer.
- Route the speaker cable and then position the new internal-speaker tabs 3 into the metal speaker slots and then push the internal speaker downward until the speaker-locking tabs snap into position.
- Connect the speaker cable to the system board. See "Locating system board connectors and components".
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement" on page 124.