Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide, go to:http://www.lenovo.com/support
This section provides instructions on how to remove and reinstall the PCI card holder.
To remove and reinstall the PCI card holder, do the following:
- Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the computer. Then, disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the computer.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel".
- Lay the computer on its side.
- Press the two tabs (1) that secure the PCI card holder (2) inward, and then pivot the card holder to remove it from the chassis.
Figure 1. Removing the PCI card holder
- To reinstall the PCI card holder into the chassis, insert the two tabs (1) into the corresponding holes in the chassis, and then pivot the PCI card holder downward until the front of the card holder snaps into position.
Figure 2. Installing the PCI card holder.