User completes the download of Microsoft Windows 8.1 package but may receive the following error during the Microsoft Windows 8.1 setup causing the system to restore back to Microsoft Windows 8.
Idea Notebooks and Desktops preloaded with Windows 8
The user should perform the changes below and run the Microsoft Windows 8.1 update again.
1. Press the Windows Key and "X" together and a menu will appear at the lower left. Select "System" from the menu.
2. Click on “Advanced system settings”.
3. Select the “Hardware” tab and then click “Device Installation Settings”.
4. Select "No, let me choose what to do", select "Never install driver software from Windows Update", and then click “Save Changes”.
5. Proceed with the Microsoft Windows 8.1 update.
NOTE: After the update to Microsoft 8.1 is complete, make sure these changes have been reversed.