The following tip is created based on a Lenovo Forums/Microsoft solution. For more information, please visit:
After a recent update to Windows 8.1, I restarted my system and I get this message:
I can't find any reference to Dolby Theater or Audio in any app or Device management.
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:
- Lenovo U310, U410
- Lenovo G780
The following proceedure has been reported to be successful by many members in the Lenovo community.
It is possible that Windows is installing an alternate driver as part of the 8.1 update process. Restoring the original Lenovo driver may resolve the issue.
- Unistall the Conexant Audio Driver (from device manager).
- Open Device Manager
- Uninstall the Audio Device Under Audio inputs and outputs
- Then proceed to Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall a Program
- Uninstall all Dolby Related programs
- Restart if Prompted
- Reinstall it from the drivers partition (d:\drivers\audio).
- Install the Dolby Home Theater software (d:\drivers\audio\DolbyGUI)
Depending upon individual system configurations that can vary by model, the drivers may be stored on C, D, E or other drive letter. View another related discussion on this issue here - the solutions are all variations of uninstalling the drivers Windows installed and then either locating othe original drivers on one of the drive partitions, and reinstalling from there or downloading and installing the drivers from the lenovo support site.