To troubleshoot noise issues, follow these steps and test your system after performing each one:
Primarily used when noise levels appear to be excessive. Check all of these items manually before continuing to specific solutions.
Note: Some of these steps may not apply to your system.
Please select one of the following options for further assistance:
Check the fan control settings in the System Configuration Utility.
- Power on the computer and press F1 when prompted to enter the System Configuration Utility.
- Highlight Legacy Fan Control and press Enter.
- Highlight Quiet and press Enter.
- Press F10 to save the settings.
- Press the Esc key to return to the main menu.
- Exit the System Configuration Utility.
- Check for cables touching rotating fans such as on processor heat sinks or chassis cooling fans.
- Check for missing or damaged hard drive mounting washers.
Some systems use rubber mounting washers to reduce noise tranfer to the case.