Some of these steps may not apply to your computer. Test the pointing device or mouse after performing each step.
- Verify that an external mouse is connected properly to the Value Line notebook USB port.
Note: Value Line notebooks do not have a PS/2 port.
- The following is an example image of a PS/2 port.
- A USB port and an operating system with USB support is required to attach a USB interface external mouse to a Value Line notebook.
- The following is an example image of a Value Line notebook USB port.
- Verify that the external mouse is working properly.
- Connect the external mouse to another computer and test its functionality.
- Cleaning your mouse may help improve pointer movement with some mice that have a ball that tracks movement.
- Replacing the batteries in your mouse may help improve pointer movement with some mice that are wireless.
Please select one of the following options for further assistance:
- Verify the latest driver from the manufacturer is installed for the respective mouse.
- If these steps have not solved your problem:
Refer to "Need more help?"