|To troubleshoot processor issues, follow these steps and test the processor after performing each one:
- If either the system board or processor have been replaced, reflash the BIOS to the latest level before proceeding.
- Some computers allow the fan to stop spinning. This is not a malfunction. The fan should start spinning as the system heats up.
Please select one of the following options for further assistance:
- Ensure the latest BIOS code is installed. This will correct any 167 POST errors for the Intel microcode update and "176 No Processor CPUID" post errors.
- Reseat the processor and the heat sink
Note: Do not touch either the processor or system board contacting surfaces. These can be extremely fragile and bent pin damage due to touching is not covered under warranty.
- Verify the processor fan operation is not blocked by cables or other hardware.
- Verify that any replacement processor is the correct architecture for the system.
- If these steps have not solved your problem, refer to "Need more help?"